Field Service Engineer (FSE)
About the Role
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is responsible for supporting all aspects of system support for Nikon step and repeat (NSR) photolithography systems.
Why work for us
Nikon Precision Europe are at the cutting edge of the latest developments in semiconductor manufacturing. With over half a century of experience in the field of optics behind us, and a reputation for high quality and reliability, we created the stepper/scanner. Today this tool is driving the global manufacturing of semiconductors.
We are a growing and dynamic company who pride ourselves on our multi-national and multi-cultural staff.
At Nikon Precision Europe every day is different and rewarding.
- Troubleshoot complex system problems using strong problem-solving techniques.
- Educated to Degree Level in a related Engineering field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Electro- Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate industry experience.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems and use this knowledge to support equipment performance.
- Install NSR systems in customer facilities, executing standard install tests, meeting overall installation schedule and ensuring that system performance meets specification.
- Execute complex system repairs in a quality manner and timely fashion.
- Perform maintenance support to customer to ensure that NSR performance meets the required specification.
- Provide support which results in NSR performance improvement that exceeds specifications or complies to a non-specified condition.
- Precise reporting on executed work.
- Use of electronical measurement equipment (DVM, Oscilloscopes).
- Utilize e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting.
- Develop and proliferate best-known-methods (BKMs).
Who we are looking for
We are looking for problem solvers and team players.
- Experience in photolithography is preferred.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to be utilized in groups of all sizes.
- Must be flexible to travel to support national and world-wide customers as required.
- Desire to continuously improve personal technical and professional abilities.
- Fluent in English.
We can offer a wide range of benefits, domestic and international travel opportunities and competitive compensation.
How to Apply
Please send your application to NPE-Germany-HR@nikon.com to include a CV and covering letter