Established in 1917, Nikon Corporation is one of the world’s leading optical companies. With decades of experience as a manufacturer of optical lenses and precision equipment, Nikon developed the world’s first production-worthy step-and-repeat photolithography tool in 1980. Since then, over 60 models of Nikon Semiconductor Lithography systems (steppers and scanners) have printed half of all the integrated circuits ever manufactured. Today, Nikon is the leading global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. It is real-world, on-product performance that is vital to chipmakers. The latest Nikon scanner NSR-S635E is the industry’s most advanced scanner for aggressive multiple patterning processes. It ensures world-class device patterning and optimum fab productivity to fully satisfy real-world 5 nm node requirements.
Nikon Precision Europe GmbH is the organisation supporting the latest Nikon Scanners for its European customers. We provide Service to our customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner. Whether it is during Installation, Wafer Production Ramp-Up or in a Sustaining Production Environment, our team provide Expert Analysis and Solutions to enable optimal usage around the clock of the Capital equipment in the customer factory.
The Installation Engineer is responsible for the installation of new and relocated Nikon step and repeat (NSR) semiconductor lithography systems. The Installation Engineer will show a strong degree of self-reliance to accomplish all key requirements to achieve customer expectations and satisfaction.
Typical support includes successfully performing system installations, standard upgrades, and repair of machine during the installation process. The Installation Engineer will demonstrate strong abilities to follow and execute complicated technical procedures; problem solving abilities during process failures; and utilizing software tools and analytical methods to achieve these goals.
This Installation Engineer position demands flexibility to changing requirements, including changing work patterns, and mobility to support company-wide projects. Depending on the applicants’ residence location it is expected that travelling will be required the majority of the time.
- Installing NSR systems in customer facilities, executing standard install tests, meeting overall installation schedules and ensuring that the system performance meets specifications.
- Reporting and updating the progress of projects in a precise and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting complex system problems using strong problem solving techniques.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems, and use this knowledge to practically support equipment performance.
- Responsibility for the installation tools, ensuring it is maintained and in working condition.
- Providing support which results in NSR performance improvements, which exceeds specifications or complies to a non-specified condition.
- Utilizing e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting.
- Developing and proliferating best-known-methods (BKMs).
- Must be fluent in English.
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong software skills.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be flexible to travel to support national and world-wide customers as needed
- Desire to continuously improve own technical and professional abilities
- Educated in a related Engineering field such as Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate industry experience.
- Preferably 3-5 years’ work experience
- Experience in photolithography is advantageous.
Reward and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: Car allowance, annual bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long term service awards, concessionary Nikon Products.
- Comprehensive training program.
- Opportunities for professional development.
If this sounds like you and if you feel enthusiastic at the idea of contributing to the success of Nikon and its customers, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by contacting