1. Information Collection
Company may collect various types of personal information.
“Personal information” is any information or data that identifies a living person, including—but not limited to—a person’s name, address, phone number, date of birth, description (whether expressed through voice, movement, drawings, or electromagnetic records, whereby a specific individual can be identified or readily collated with other information to identify a specific individual), and codes by which alone the individual can be identified (e.g., driver’s license number, passport number, health insurance certificate, etc.).
Persons subject to Company’s use of personal information will be given notice when their data is being collected, including relevant contact information.
3. Purpose of Personal Information Acquisition
Company agrees to collect personal information only to the extent that is adequate, relevant, and necessary to the stated purpose of collection, and will do so in a lawful and fair manner. Such lawful purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Providing products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, catalogue distribution, and customer purchase and repair history;
- Enabling responses to customer requests, including customer inquiry history and for improving Company’s responsiveness;
- Determining customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and Nikon Group service activities, including answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, customer satisfaction and event surveys, and customer’s inquiry history;
- Offering product, service, and other related Company information, such as the sending of catalogues, new product information, books, magazines, informational emails about new products, eNewsletters, data sheets, event materials, etc.;
- Announcing, notifying, and communicating with a prizewinner or sending a prize;
- Verifying participants at events, exhibitions, and seminars and subsequently corresponding with them to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities;
- Referencing individuals in the recruitment process, including when personal information is inquired into by an applicant;
- Processing statistical data (provided that particular individuals cannot be identified); AND
- For any other use that is lawful under applicable Personal Data Protection Law and regulations.
Company may use your personal information with your consent, as necessary to complete any lawful transaction, to provide you with any product you have requested or authorized, or other use for which you have been informed directly or through announcement or publication.
All necessary and appropriate security measures will be taken to prevent the acquired personal information from being leaked, lost, or damaged, and to secure the safety of the personal information in accordance with the Nikon Group Privacy Statement and other Company rules related to information management. Company will also offer all training necessary to ensure the proper handling of information to its directors, employees, and other related personnel.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Acquired personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except: 1) with prior consent (see Section 4, above), or 2) where authorized by applicable law.
A. Provision of Personal Information to Sub-contractors
Acquired personal information may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. This includes, for example, when Company sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and Company shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the personal information by the third party.
B. Personal Information Sharing
Acquired personal information may be used and shared within the Nikon Group for any of the lawful purposes described above (see Section 3). Nikon Corporation is responsible for protecting the personal information that is shared.
7. Right to Access
Data subjects will be allowed access to their personal information in order to make changes or corrections to any inaccuracies.
Company will comply with privacy protection-related laws and regulations, and will review and improve the contents of this document to strive towards better privacy protection.
9. Transfers of Personal Information
Company may transfer your personal information to Company’s parent company, Nikon Corporation, or to any other Company group member worldwide when processing that information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
10. Contact Us
For questions or concerns about Company’s privacy practices, please email us at NPIcom@nikon.com or send a letter to the following postal address: Nikon Precision Inc., 1399 Shoreway Road, Belmont, California 94002, U.S.A. Please include your contact information and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.